Saturday 18 November 2017

Learn to wait


LEARN TO WAIT
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise (Hebrews 10:35-36).

The Bible is replete with accounts of men and women who achieved so much by adding patience to their faith; as did Abraham, Sarah, Joseph and Moses. This virtue is further developed through tribulations. "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience" (Romans 5:3).

Many are impatient because they really don’t trust God, so they try to "help" Him bring His Word to pass quickly. Some have erred terribly in this regard, for example, King Saul; he was to wait for Samuel to come offer the sacrifice, in preparation for the war against the Philistines. Offering that sacrifice was exclusively the responsibility of Samuel the prophet; but when Samuel delayed, Saul couldn’t wait. He went ahead and offered the sacrifice.

 Interestingly, he was still at it, when Samuel walked in. Samuel then said to him, "Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever. But now thy kingdom shall not continue…" (1 Samuel 13:13-14). God had made a promise to Saul that his dynasty would be forever, but Saul lost it. His demonstration of impatience cost him and his lineage the kingship.

 Many still make similar mistakes today. Some people want to make major decisions, and instead of them to stay on the Word, which is divine counsel, direction, or guidance, they go ahead and do what’s on their minds, saying they prayed about it.

 In your walk with the Lord, trust Him, and be patient. If you’re looking to Him for a miracle, trust Him, knowing that He never fails, and His timing is always perfect. James 1:4 says, "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." You need patience for a balanced, successful and stable Christian life.

PRAYER
Dear Father, my faith in your Word is unshakeable, and my trust in you is absolute! I’m not moved by circumstances, because I know that come what may, I’ll forever be victorious. Your Word is my guiding light, causing me to make right, and wise decisions, and live right, for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen. 

further study: Colossians 3:12; James 1:2-4; Isaiah 28:16

 : 2 Samuel 4-6 Luke 23:26-49

 : 1 Corinthians 1:10-21 Psalm 139-140





If you have not accepted Christ Jesus Into your life, we would like to help you today.

NOW PRAY THIS PRAYER
Dear Jesus, I need You in my life. I acknowledge that I have sinned and I come to You right now confessing that and asking your forgiveness. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I believe You are the Son of God and that God rose you from the dead for my Justification.

I open the door of my heart and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Please take control of my life from here forward and make me the kind of person you want me to be. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.



If you have prayed this prayer Congratulation Christ Jesus has come to live in you. You can now find a local Church to be baptized, and also to be thought the Word of God.
Please post you comments, for we will be glad to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment